Certification Application Process:
Please note the final submission date for the Online & Blended certification will be July 31, 2017. The certification will no longer be offered after that date. Look for an exciting redesign of the online & blended program with more courses and wider availability.
The application process for certification entails creating an electronic portfolio organizing, archiving, and reflecting on your learning. Electronic portfolios (ePortfolios) are dynamic, developmental spaces representing your professional "self" on the Web. Your ePortfolio will include examples of skills and achievements, with a reflective blog element. Think of your ePortfolio as a type of learning record that provides actual evidence of achievement where others can easily see the energy, passion, and focus of your adventure into the online and/or blended classroom.
Your Online & Blended Certification ePortfolio must include:
- Brief Biography
- Transcript of Courses Completed
- Both PDE 3144 and PDE 3145 Tier I classes
- Three (3) Tier II classes
- Three Course Artifacts & Description/Reflections
- Evidence of Application with Students & Description/Reflections
- Self-Reflections on Blended & Online Learning
- Self-Evaluation of your ePortfolio
Information below about building and submitting your ePortfolio:
- PDE 3302 - Building an ePortfolio for Online and Blended Learning. This class offers an opportunity to build your ePortfolio and receive feedback through a peer review process. This is NOT a Tier II class and is not a part of the five (5) required classes.
The review committee will meet twice annually (January and July.) The ePortfolio submissions are due by January 15, 2017 and July 31, 2017. Notification of status will be emailed approximately 6 weeks thereafter.