Parents must register all new and returning students to the Clark County School District.
Registration is done through the CCSD online registration system. Parents of currently enrolled students may complete online registration using their Infinite Campus account. New families to CCSD may register online at Student Enrollment Informationor visit their zoned school. After completing the online registration, parents must bring the required documents to their child’s zoned school to complete the registration process. Parents should contact their zoned school for questions regarding registration.
Visit Zoning Information or call the Demographics and Zoning Office at 702-799-6430 for information.
Age and Entrance Requirements
Children must meet the following minimum age and entrance requirements on or before Sept. 30, 2020, to be admitted to kindergarten, first, or second grade. (Nevada Revised Statutes - NRS 392.040)
Age and Entrance Requirements
- ✔ Kindergarten students must have attained the age of five years old by Sept. 30 to attend kindergarten.
- ✔ First-grade students must have attained the age of six years old and demonstrate proof of completing kindergarten at a public, state-licensed private, state-exempt private, or approved homeschool program.
- ✔ Demonstrate proof of completing kindergarten and promotion to first grade while being a resident of another state in compliance with the age and entrance requirements of that state. Proof must be verified through a report card issued by the last out-of-state public or private kindergarten.
- ✔ Second-grade students must have attained the age of seven years old and demonstrate proof of completing kindergarten and first grade at a public, state-licensed private, state-exempt private, or approved homeschool program.
Children who have attained the age of six who do not meet the entrance requirements will be placed in kindergarten.
Children who have attained the age of seven who do not meet the entrance requirements will be assessed to determine if the student is developmentally ready for first or second grade.
Children in Nevada between the ages of seven and 18 must be enrolled in and attend school for the entire time school is in session, pursuant to NRS 392.040.
- Proof of Address
- Parent/Guardian Personal Identification
- Proof of Child’s Identity
- Immunization Record
One form of proof of address is required. A recent utility bill (telephone and cable bills are not acceptable), current mortgage statement, rental receipt, residential lease agreement, or sales contract are acceptable forms of proof of address.
A driver’s license, picture identification, and/or passport are acceptable forms of personal identification. Permanent and temporary guardians should be prepared to provide proof of guardianship at the time of registration.
An original birth certificate, passport, or a certified birth card issued by a health district are acceptable documents for proof of a child's identity.
NRS 392.435 Immunization of pupils: Certificate prerequisite to enrollment; conditional enrollment; effect of failure to immunize; report to Health Division; inclusion of certificate in pupil’s record.
Unless excused because of religious belief or medical condition, a child may not be enrolled in a public school within Nevada unless the child has been immunized and has received the proper boosters for that immunization or is complying with the schedules established pursuant to NRS 439.550.
For detailed information concerning immunization requirements for children attending CCSD schools, visit Student Enrollment Information.
For assistance with obtaining immunizations, parents may contact the Southern Nevada Health District at 702-759-0850.