FULL-TIME DISTANCE EDUCATION
School Organizational Teams
All requirements related to School Organizational Teams (SOTs) are still in effect while schools operate under full-time distance education:
- Elections must take place in time for new members to be selected by October 1, 2020. Principals will conduct student elections (secondary schools only) and parent/guardian elections at schools without a PTA/PTO.
- Specific requirements of SOT meetings still apply, although meetings must take place virtually. Guidance related to SOTs is available at School Organizational Teams, including:
- How to Form SOTs
- SOT Responsibilities
- SOT Size and Membership
- SOT Elections
- How SOTs Function
- The First Meeting of the SOT
- Developing Norms and Procedures
- Monthly Meetings of the SOT
- Approval of the Plan of Operation
- Consensus Building
Agendas and minutes will be posted on the school’s Web site and can be found on School Organizational Teams.