Frequently Asked Questions

Academic achievement, student and school performance How can I find out how my child and my child’s school are doing academically? Accountability reports provide parents with specific demographic and academic information and may be accessed at CCSD Accountability Reports. For parents without Internet access, the report is available at the school or can be printed by any CCSD employee and mailed to the caller’s address.

Nevada Report Card is the state’s website for public education reporting. The Nevada Report Card website provides access to valuable information at the state, district and school levels about assessment results, class size, school safety, school technology, fiscal data, and much more. The website also allows users to generate customized reports and sort and compare between schools and districts. Parent-student-teacher academic planning time for elementary schools (PSTAPT, formerly known as parent-teacher conferences) will be held on December 14, 2016, for Tracks 1-4 and on November 16, 2016, for Track 5. Check with your school for more information.




Assessment, Accountability, Research and School Improvement Division (AARSI)



School Telephone Directory




Adult Education / HSE What options are available for adults who never earned a high school diploma? Individuals 18 years of age and older may register for adult education and earn a high school diploma.  Classes and registration are free. Registration is required.  Interested adults may register at the Adult Education Intake Center located at 2701 E. St. Louis, Door B (about a block and a half east of the intersection of Eastern and St. Louis). No appointment is necessary. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday. Individuals interested in testing for their HSE must be 18 years of age (17 years with parent permission), possess a valid Nevada DMV license or Nevada state issued photo ID, be officially withdrawn from school, and pay the $60 registration fee. Pre-testing is available and free of charge after meeting with an Adult Education Counselor.  Pre-testing takes place at 2701 E. St. Louis St. at 8:30 a.m., Monday through Thursday. More information is available at Adult Education. Education Services 702-799-8650
Adult Education
Assigned school/ zoning What school should my child attend? Parents can search for what school their children are zoned to attend at Zoning Search. Staff may check this online if parents provide a student address. (See "Zoning" for the process related to attendance boundaries.) Demographics, Zoning and GIS Department (D&Z) 702-799-6430
Alternative Programs My child was expelled. What are the options for schooling? Expulsion referrals from CCSD schools are forwarded to Pupil Personnel Services for due process and resolution as prescribed by state and/or federal laws and District regulations. Results may include, but are not limited to, return to a comprehensive school, referral to an outside agency, assignment to a behavior school, and/or placement in a continuation school. Parents are encouraged to contact the department. For more information visit Education Services Division. Education Services, Dept. of Pupil Personnel Services 702-855-9775
Athletic Eligibility How do I find out if my student is eligible to participate in sports? The procedures and regulations for the establishment and maintenance of scholastic athletic eligibility for CCSD secondary students are specified in the Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association (NIAA) Handbook and CCSD regulation 5135.1.  The handbook is available online at Parents may contact their children’s high school athletic offices for additional information. Schools School Telephone Directory
Attendance Enforcement How do I report a child who is not attending school? Contact the Attendance Enforcement Office's dispatch line at 702-799-8640. Attendance Enforcement Dispatch 702-799-8640
Bell Times When does my school start/the bell ring? When does the school day end? School times do vary, so check with the school or the school’s website (list of websites may be found at Schools General Information.) School Office School Telephone Directory
Board Contacts/ Board Meetings When and where are board meetings held? How do I speak at a meeting? How do I contact my trustee? Regular meetings of the Board of School Trustees typically are held the second and fourth Thursdays of each month, beginning at 6 p.m. in the Edward A. Greer Education Center, 2832 East Flamingo Road. Special board meetings are held when necessary and are posted in advance in accordance with Nevada’s open meeting law. Individuals who would like to address the board during public comment portions of a meeting should call 702-799-1072 between 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at least 3 hours before the meeting. Alternately, speakers may sign up in person prior to the beginning of the meeting. Community members wishing to e-mail their trustee, or any trustee, may do so via the District website at the Board of Trustees page, which is accessed from the home page and the “Trustees” tab. Trustees may also be contacted at the Office of the Board of Trustees at 702-799-1072. Office of the Board of Trustees 702-799-1072
Budget (District) Where can I see a copy of the CCSD budget? Visit and or contact the Budget office at 702-799-5452. Budget 702-799-5452
Budget Publications
Bullying What resources exist to counter bullying? Immediately contact the child’s school principal, assistant principal, dean, or counselor if a concern arises. Concerns that are not resolved at the school level may be addressed by calling (702) 799-CCSD, where you will be directed to the appropriate department.

Equity & Diversity has an informational brochure titled "It Stops Here" (GAC #2366.18) (physical copies are available from the department). District Policy 5137 outlines the definition of bullying and cyber-bullying, and the "Say No to Bullying" feature online provides a way to submit incidents.

Pursuant to Assembly Bill 206, the District has provided a list of resources at that may be available in the community to assist a student who is involved in a reported violation of NRS 388.135.



Equity & Diversity

Schools General Information




Bus Transportation Is my child eligible for transportation to school?

Why is the distance two miles from school?

How do I report a bus driver for a traffic violation?

What are the bus safety rules?

I need to ask a question about my child’s bus route, bus stop, pick-up time, bus driver, etc.

Other transportation frequently asked questions for parents.

Go to and click "Bus Stop and Eligibility".

CCSD Regulation 3531 provides more information on bus transportation for students living two or more miles from school, excluding students with zone variances.

The two-mile parameter is cost-driven due to budget concerns, based on transportation costs of more than $70 million annually.

Each concern reported by the public is investigated. Callers can assist investigators by noting the bus number, time of day and location of a possible infraction. Contact Transportation at 702-799-8110 or 702-799-8100.

Please click Bus Safety – Rules & Regulations to review bus safety with your child.

Please click here for Bus Yard Information and locations.

Click on FAQ or visit for more transportation information.

Transportation 702-799-8100
Campus and Student Safety Who do I call about school zone lights?

Who do I report a threat to my child on campus?

The local municipalities address school zone lights, flashers and signs. Contact Public Works at Clark County, City of Las Vegas, etc.

Any threat on a school campus or District facility is a serious matter and callers should immediately report suspicious behaviors, potential threats or rumors to the building administrator. Immediate threats, dangers or emergencies should be directed to School Police 702-799-5411.  CCSD School Police provides an anonymous tip line to report weapons, gang activity or other crimes on campus. Call Operation Crime-Free Schools Hotline at 702-799-0228.

Also, see "Bullying" topic for anti-bullying resources.

Boulder City
Las Vegas
North Las Vegas

CCSD School Police



(Tip line)

Charter Schools What are charter schools and which ones are CCSD schools? Charter schools are public elementary, middle or secondary schools that operate under a charter, or contract, issued by a public entity such as a local school district or State Board of Education. Individual states determine through legislation the process to obtain a charter and the rules that charter schools must follow. In return for autonomy, charter schools are held accountable for student performance, and if the goals of the school established in the charter are not reached, the school's charter may be revoked or not renewed. Each charter school has its own governing body, with the same statutory requirements as the school board, such as complying with the open meeting law, approving budgets and contracts, and establishing policy consistent with the NRS. Although law prohibits local districts from interfering with charter operations, the districts ensure that charters comply with state standards, follow NRS, properly account for tax dollars, and have no threats in the school environment to the welfare and safety of students and staff. More information on charter schools and the rules that govern them is available at the Nevada Department of Education Charter School Resources page.

CCSD monitors the following charter schools, and parents should contact a school directly for enrollment information:

  • Andre Agassi College Preparatory Academy
  • The Delta Academy
  • Explore Knowledge Academy
  • Innovations International Charter School of NV
  • Odyssey Charter Schools
  • The 100 Academy of Excellence
  • Rainbow Dreams Academy
Office for Charter Schools 702-799-1038















Concerns/ Complaints How do I address concerns I have with my child's school or a district department?



Parents and other community members are encouraged to speak to the principal, manager or department head responsible for the area of concern, which is the first step in resolution. For those seeking a formal complaint and resolution process, a Public Concern Form (CCF-660) may be completed and mailed, faxed or hand delivered to the CCSD Community and Government Relations office, 5100 W. Sahara Ave., Las Vegas, NV 89146, 702-799-5005, fax 702-799-1082. The completed form also may be dropped off at any CCSD location and forwarded to the Community and Government Relations office, Mail Stop Code 133, for processing. The public concern process, as set forth in CCSD Policy 1213 and regulation 1213.1, allows any member of the public to have a formal investigation into their complaint and receive a written response. Consultation with the supervising administrator is required as the first step in the resolution process. CGR, Public Concerns






Crossing Guards Who coordinates crossing guards and concerns? The responsibility for assigning locations and monitoring crossing guard personnel fall under the jurisdiction of one of the local municipalities: Boulder City, Henderson, Las Vegas, Mesquite, or North Las Vegas. School crossing guards are assigned based on traffic studies. Boulder City
Las Vegas
N. Las Vegas
Custody Issues/Access to Students by Friends or Family How can another member of my family have access to student information and/or pick up my child from school? Various laws prohibit District personnel from releasing students to anyone other than a child’s parent or guardian or designee. Therefore, caution is taken to ensure only authorized family members or guardians (or their designee) are allowed access to students. Questions about the release of a student are handled at the school or performance zone. Parents are encouraged to learn the guidelines for giving permission for a friend or non-custodial family member to pick-up a student during the school day. Schools/ Performance Zones School Telephone Directory
Disciplinary Issues Who can I talk to about my child's suspension? Typically, when a student is suspended from school a parent has either received paperwork, spoken to the administrator, or has scheduled an appointment to speak with an administrator at the school. Concerns that are not resolved at the school level may be addressed by calling (702) 799-CCSD, where you will be directed to the appropriate department. Schools


Schools General Information


Dress Code What is CCSD's dress code? All students are expected to wear proper attire to school in order to foster an environment that promotes learning. The school administration has the right to designate which types of clothing or appearance disrupt or detract from the educational program and may be a potential safety hazard. CCSD Regulation 5131 and Policy 5131 establish the guidelines for proper dress and for Standard Student Attire (see SSA topic). School administration School Telephone Directory
Employment Is the District hiring now? The quickest way to learn about job opportunities and the procedures for applying for positions in the Clark County School District is to visit CCSD Employee Recruitment or go to and scroll down the page to the “Jobs” link. Individuals without Internet access should contact the appropriate Human Resources department. Human Resources
Support Staff
Substitute Services


Employment Verification Where do I call to verify employment? Employment is verified through The Work Number, an automated system. Please call 1-800-367-5690. Clark County School District’s company code to enter is 11519. The Work Number 1-800-367-5690
English Language Learners (ELL Program) What can be done for my child, who is learning English as a second language?



What about high school students?


What can I do to help my child learn English and succeed in school?


All CCSD campuses offer support for student learning English. The District believes that language and grade-level content should be taught together. Students new to the District will be initially assessed in their English language proficiency within 30 days of enrollment, and ELL students are tested annually to measure English language growth.

Schools assist students in their learning of subject matter and English through support in the general classroom. The ELL Division provides professional development for teachers and additional funding which can be used by schools for before or after school instruction, specialized classes for additional language focus within the school day, Saturday school sessions, summer school or inter-session for year round schools.

In April 2016, the CCSD Board of Trustees approved the Master Plan for ELL Student Success.

Transfer credit may be available for high school students who are new to the District. Students turn in a copy of their school transcript to the high school's registrar. The registrar will send the transcripts to be translated by the ELL Division and evaluated to ensure appropriate high school credit is being given. Concerns may be directed to ELL Division directly.

Families are encouraged to continue to strengthen their native language at home and to work collaboratively with their student's teachers in order to efficiently build on what students already know.

English Language Learner Division 702-799-2137



What about adult learners of English?

CCSD supports Adult ESL classes and interested parties should call 702-799-8650 for more specific information.



Enrollment/ Registration How old must a student be to enter school in Nevada?












What information do I need to provide to register my child?

Nevada law requires that students be 5 years old on or before September 30 of the current school year to enter kindergarten.

To enter first grade, a child must be 6 years old on or before September 30 and have attended public school kindergarten, state-exempted private school or approved home school. Students, who are not six years of age by September 30 of the current year but have completed kindergarten and were promoted to first grade in another state, qualify for first grade enrollment. Kindergarten is a required prerequisite for enrollment in first grade; students who have not met this requirement will be tested for proper grade level placement.

To enter second grade, a child must be 7 years old on or before September 30 and have attended kindergarten in a public, state- exempted private school or approved home school.  Kindergarten and first grade are prerequisites for enrollment in second grade.  Students who have completed kindergarten, but not first grade, will be placed in first grade.

When a student is enrolling in a Clark County School District (CCSD) school for the first time or reenrolling, parents need the following items to complete the registration:

  1. One form of proof of address, such as a recent utility bill, rental/lease agreement, sales contract or mortgage statement.  A driver’s license, telephone bill, and/or cable bill are unacceptable forms of address verification. If you are living with a friend or relative, a notarized letter, signed by the owner/renter stating that their address is your place of residence, is required. If you do not have this documentation because of a temporary or homeless situation, contact the Homeless Outreach Program Office at 702-855-6682.
  2. Personal identification (driver’s license, picture identification, etc.) of the parent/guardian, bearing his or her name.
  3. One proof of child’s identity (copies not accepted): original birth certificate, a passport, or a certified birth card issued by the Southern Nevada Health District or another health district. The Vital Records Office for children born in Clark County is located at the Southern Nevada Health District, 330 S. Valley View, Las Vegas, 702-759-1000.
  4. Student immunization record. Parent(s) must have records indicating that the child has had or has started specific immunizations [NRS392.435]. Students can enroll but cannot attend school if the immunization requirements are not met. (See Immunizations topic.)
School Registrars School Telephone Directory
Expulsions What are some offenses which would merit an expulsion recommendation?


How do I appeal my child's expulsion?

Infractions include but are not limited to arson; assault or battery on District personnel; immoral conduct as it pertains to sexual behavior between individuals; selling, using or possessing alcohol or controlled substances/substances represented to be controlled substances; and possession, use, transmittal or concealment of any operable or inoperable weapon.

The first level of appeal is to speak with the Assistant Principal at the child’s middle or high school, or the assistant principal or principal at an elementary school. If they do not agree with the findings/decision after this discussion, they would speak with the next person in the chain of command. If the expulsion process continues to the District level and the file is sent to Education Services, an ESD director will contact the parent or guardian for a hearing, where a decision will be made about the student’s placement. If the parents do not agree with the director’s decision, they can schedule a meeting before a hearing panel, a somewhat final step. See the Expulsion Hearing Panel brochure.

Note: Until the student’s expulsion file is received at Education Services, the sending school is responsible to provide the parent with the student’s homework while they await District action.

Pupil Personnel Services 702-855-9775
Facility Use Issues How can outside groups use CCSD buildings or facilities? Entities applying to use District facilities must pay usage fees and provide their own insurance.  CCSD Regulation 3613 provides guidelines for access to and reimbursements for District property through the school’s administration.

Form FS 177, Use of Food Service Kitchen Facility, may be obtained from the Food Service Department.

School Administration


School Accounting


Food Services

School Telephone Directory
Schools General Information



Field Trips How do I find out about field trips? Contact the school for information about a field trip. Basic parameters include the following:

Teachers planning field trips are required to provide a signed approval form for the field trip from the school principal, receive approval from the owner or managers of the place to be visited, and identify responsible CCSD employees to supervise students on each bus.

School principals are responsible for ensuring that the trip is justified for its educational objectives, that each student has a field trip permit signed by the parent or legal guardian prior to the student leaving the school grounds for the field trip, and that transportation is arranged. Check with the school’s School Associate Superintendent in the Performance Zone office for additional guidelines.

School Administration/ Performance Zones School Telephone Directory
Foreign Exchange Students How do I enroll a foreign exchange student?



How does a school-age relative (or family friend, etc.) who is moving to the U.S. enroll in school?

Foreign exchange students must meet specific entry requirements established by the U.S. State Department and CCSD. More information about the Foreign Exchange Program is available online at the Foreign Exchange Program website.

Foreign students who come to the United States to live for a year with relatives other than their parents, a family friend or a temporary guardian are required by law to have an F-1 student visa. In order to secure the visa, the student must apply for an I-20 form from the District. The student is limited by law to attend school for a maximum of one year and must be in high school. Students who enroll as a part of the F-1 Visa Program are required by federal law to pay the full, unsubsidized cost of tuition to the District before the I-20 form can be issued by the District. Additional information about the F-1 student visa program is available on the Foreign Exchange Program website.

Guidance and Counseling 702-799-8441
Foster Children – Program of School Choice  for Children in Foster Care Can my foster student attend their previously attended school? The guardian of a foster child may submit an application to attend any school in CCSD through a program administered by the Nevada Department of Education. The application is faxed to NDOE for approval, and once the application is processed, CCSD’s Title I HOPE receives notification of the NDOE decision and communicates the approval or denial to the school. Specific questions can be directed to the Title I HOPE Office at 702-855-6682. Title I HOPE 702-855-6682
Free and Reduced Meals/School Lunch How do I apply for free or reduced breakfast or lunch for my child?

What is the cost for school meals?

How can I pay for my child's school breakfast or lunch?

Some children may be eligible for free or reduced-price meals, depending on family size and income. Parents may apply for this federally funded program by completing an application available at the school or online at (A link is also provided at the Food Service Department site.) Regular price school meals, as of August 2014, are:
  • Elementary school breakfast - $1.25; lunch - $2.00.
  • Secondary school breakfast - $1.50; lunch - $3.25.

Meals may be paid for at schools, or parents may deposit to their students’ accounts at no charge at (A link is also provided at the Food Service Department site.)

School Kitchen Manager




Food Services

School Telephone Directory




Full Day Kindergarten How do I find out about full-day kindergarten? All CCSD elementary schools offer a full-day kindergarten program. Contact your local school for more information. Instruction Unit 702-799-5475
Graduation – Credit Deficiencies; Nevada Testing Requirements How can my student stay on track to graduate, make up credit deficiencies, etc.? Graduation requirements are specific to cohort year (graduation year). Students should speak to the secondary school counselor for options to retrieve credits and to prepare for graduation. Guidance and Counseling 702-799-8441
Graduation - Changes in Requirements What is changing for graduation requirements? For the class of 2014 and beyond, AB288 in the 2013 Legislature eliminated the Certificate of Attendance. Students must meet all graduation requirements and, for the class of 2015, pass all four subtests of the Nevada High School Proficiency Exam to receive a diploma and participate in graduation ceremonies. (Special education services students receiving an adjusted diploma will be permitted to participate in graduation ceremonies.) More changes from AB288 will be implemented over the next few years related the requirements. Guidance and Counseling 702-799-8441
Graffiti Who do I call about graffiti with gang signs near the school? When graffiti is on school property or immediately adjoining the property, call the school or Performance Zone, or call Maintenance.

If the graffiti is off-campus, contact the Clark County Graffiti Hotline.


Maintenance Office

Clark County

Schools General Information



Health Concerns Who do I call about health concerns of my child? Parents/guardians should call the school for answers to specific questions. CCSD’s Health Services Department works with parents and guardians about health issues of students, medication concerns, etc. Important information, such as updates on influenza and good health practices, will be posted to In addition, the schools and Health Services will distribute information should a concern arise specific to a school community. Additional resources for immunizations may be found at Health Services, SSSD


Southern Nevada Health District





High School Proficiency Exam Are the HSPEs part of the Class of 2017's graduation requirements? As required by state law (NRS 389.805), four End of Course (EOC) examinations are taking the place of the Nevada High School Proficiency Examinations. EOC exams include: Math I (emphasis on Algebra I), Math II (emphasis on Geometry), English language arts I (focus on reading comprehension), and English language arts II (focus on writing). The Class of 2017 must participate (no passing scores required) in all four EOC exams and pass the corresponding courses as part of their graduation requirements. The proficiency exam window schedule set by the Nevada Dept. of Education can be found at CCSD’s schedule may be accessed within InterAct at Desktop>District Link>Student Assessment>2016-2017 Assessment Calendars or contact your school for details. Schools Schools General Information
Homeless Youth What help is available for homeless students?


How do I get help for my family?

Students whose families are struggling and do not have a permanent residence, such as living with family or friends, residing in a shelter or weekly hotel, are still required to attend school per the McKinney-Vento Law. The Title I HOPE office is available to assist these students with enrollment in school and other educational services.

HELP of Southern Nevada emergency services can be reached at 211.

Title 1 Hope/Homeless Outreach Program


Help of Southern NV




Dial 211 or visit

Homeschooling What do I do to home school my child?



Can home schooled students participate in activities at a school?

Nevada Home School Law is defined in NRS 392.070. The Home School Office of the Education Services Division functions as a go between for required paper work, but does not provide advice or evaluation of programs. Parents can obtain more information on home school options from the Education Services Division, 702-799-8630 x316 or the Office for Home Schooling.

Homeschool students may request participation in up to three courses at their zoned CCSD school for no credit, provided there is space available and the student meets any requirements. Parents should present a “State of Nevada Notice of Intent of Homeschool Child to Participate in Programs and Activities” to the public school principal prior to the start of the semester. Please see the Parent Guide available in English and Spanish on the web page listed above.

Education Services Division, Department  of Home Schooling 702-799-8630 x316
Immunizations What shots will my student need to start school?








Where can I take my child to be immunized?

NRS 392.435 mandates the following immunizations as a prerequisite to enrollment in school:
  • Two Hepatitis A doses
  • Three Hepatitis B doses
  • Four or Five DTP, DT, DTaP doses (diphtheria/pertussis/tetanus)
  • Three or Four polio doses
  • Two MMR doses (mumps/measles/rubella)
  • Two Varicella doses (chickenpox)

For 7th grade entry, one (1) MCV4 dose, and one (1) TDaP dose required at 11-12 years of age.

Unless excused because of religious belief or medical condition, a child may not enroll/attend a public school without proper immunizations.

The Health District offers immunizations at reduced rates at its clinics. Contact Southern Nevada Health District at 702-759-0850 or for information on fees, times and locations.

Southern Nevada Health District

CCSD Health Services






Southern Nevada Health District











IEP (Individualized Education Program) Who should I contact about my child’s IEP? Discuss your child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) with your child’s teacher, school administration, or personnel at the Performance Zone supervising the school. For information regarding compliance or clarification of responsibilities, please contact the District’s Office of Compliance and Monitoring. School Performance Zone
Compliance and Monitoring
School Telephone Directory


Kindergarten How old does my child have to be to start kindergarten? Nevada law requires that students be five years old on or before Sept. 30 to enter kindergarten. To enter first grade, a child must be six years old on or before Sept. 30 and must have attended public school kindergarten, a state-exempt private school or approved home school, or must have passed a first-grade readiness test. School Administrators and Registrars School Telephone Directory
Magnet Schools/Career and Technical Academies (CTAs) What is a Magnet School/Career and Technical Academy?

What are the admission requirements for a Magnet/CTA program?

What is a Select School?

CCSD Magnet/CTAs offer learning opportunities related to various themes for interested students. Students from across the District may apply to a Magnet/CTA, regardless of the region in which they reside, however, transportation will only be provided to students living within the designated transportation boundary for the magnet program. The purpose of Magnet/CTAs are to improve student achievement, promote diversity, and create an awareness of career opportunities relative to the fields of study in which students may be interested.

Entry to an elementary or middle school magnet program is interest-based. After researching schools and program offerings, parents/guardians of interested students must submit an online or paper application to up to three Magnet School(s) or programs by the annual specified deadline. If there are more applications than there are seats available, a computerized random lottery will be used to select students. Entry to a high school magnet or CTA program is criteria and interest-based. After researching schools and program offerings, parents/guardians of interested students must submit an online or paper application on or before the annually specified deadline. Students must meet the minimum qualifying criteria in order to be considered in the lottery process. If there are more qualified applicants than there are seats available, a computerized random lottery will be used to select students.

CCSD Select Schools are a brand new offering for families. Students can choose from one of five (5) high schools that offer outstanding Career and Technical Education programs of study as well as many Advanced Placement and other specialized programs. Students that live within the designated transportation zone of the school that they choose will receive transportation. The Select Schools are: Bonanza, Chaparral, Mojave, Silverado, and Western High School.

Magnet & CTAs 702-799-8492
Middle School Promotion Requirements What are the middle school promotion requirements? Students must meet specific coursework to be promoted to middle school. The middle school promotion requirements are available online. Guidance and Counseling Services 702-799-8441
Online Courses/ Distance Education What programs does CCSD sponsor for students who want to enroll in online courses? The Nevada Learning Academy at CCSD (NVLA) offers online classes for students in grades 6 through 12.  NVLA is free to students enrolled full-time.  Students may take courses part-time as part of or in addition to their schedule at a traditional school campus.  Course offerings include Advanced Placement (AP) courses, honors-level courses, world languages, core curriculum classes, and electives.  Course options include teacher-led, independent study, and credit by exam.  More information is available at or by calling 702-855-8435. Nevada Learning Academy 702-855-8435
Open Enrollment/ School Choice What options exist for my child to attend other than the zoned school? Also see Zone Variances, Career and Technical Academies, and Magnet School Programs topics in this document. CCSD’s Open Enrollment, offers parents another option for choice where their students will attend, at schools where seats are projected to be available for the next school year. Generally, the Open Enrollment application process occurs during the winter, for notification in the spring for the next year.  Find out more at CCSD Open Enrollment FAQ. (Information/link will change near an Open Enrollment period.) See contacts at topics

Insruction Unit



Payroll I'm a CCSD employee and have a question about my paycheck. Please contact the Payroll Department. Payroll Department 702-799-5351
Performance Zones How do I find out the correct Performance Zone for my child’s school? Please see the School Telephone Directory. Instruction Unit School Telephone Directory
Phones, No answer No one answers at my child's school. Please call the Performance Zone if you have trouble reaching a school. If you called the school during a school break, please call again when school resumes. Performance Zones School Telephone Directory
Pre-Kindergarten (Pre-K or PK) What’s available for my PK child, if I have concerns about his/her development? A number of schools offer pre-kindergarten programs, including Zoom Schools (see Zoom Schools). Contact a school to inquire about availability or call the Early Childhood Department.

If your child is PK age and not attending a CCSD school, please contact Child Find to request an evaluation.


Early Childhood, SSSD

Child Find

Schools General Information



Preschool Day Care Services Are there any preschool day care programs available? Check with the local municipalities. You might also check with the office staff at your nearest elementary school for other resources. Clark County
City of Henderson
City of Las Vegas
City of North Las Vegas



Proficiency Testing Schedule When is proficiency exam testing administered? The proficiency exam window schedule set by the Nevada Dept. of Education can be found at Employees may access CCSD’s schedule within InterAct at Desktop>District Link>Student Assessment>2016-2017 Assessment Calendars or contact your school for details. Assessment, Accountability, Research and School Improvement (AARSI) 702-799-1041
Reclaim Your Future What is Reclaim Your Future? Reclaim Your Future includes initiatives to encourage and support at-risk students to stay on track to graduate. The students may lack required course credits, need to pass one or more parts of the state’s High School Proficiency Exam, or face attendance or other challenges. The RYF Mentoring Project and the Graduation Advocate Initiative both seek and benefit community support. Call the School-Community Partnership Program, 702-799-6560, or go to School-Community Partnership Program. Instruction Unit


School-Community Partnership Program





Records How do I get a copy of my transcript or my student records? Please contact Student Record Services or visit Student Record Services 702-799-2487
Registration How do I register my child for school? See the Enrollment section above or go to, select the Parents tab and click on Student Enrollment Process.  More information is at Student Enrollment Information. School Registrar School Telephone Directory
Report Cards When will my student’s report cards be distributed? For middle and high schools: 11/17/16, 2/7/17, 4/18/17, and 6/20/17.
For 9-month elementary schools: 1/27/17 and 6/8/17. Contact your child’s school for 12-month elementary school tracks’ report card distribution dates. Report cards are usually issued to students to take home to parents, except the last report card, which is mailed to the address on record one to two weeks after the school year ends.
Schools School Telephone Directory
Safekey Before- and After-School Programs Does the District provide child care? No, but some municipalities offer a fee-based program called Safekey at many elementary schools. Contact your local entity for details. Clark County
Las Vegas
North Las Vegas
School Contact Information Can I get the number for a school? Yes, any employee can provide that for a caller by accessing the school directory online at the School Telephone Directoryor consult the White Pages of a local telephone directory. CCSD Schools Telephone Directory School Telephone Directory
Standard Student Attire What is Standard Student Attire? See Uniforms below or Student Attire. Also see Dress Code above. CCSD Regulation 5131 and Policy 5131 establish the guidelines for proper dress, as well as for Standard Student Attire. Schools School Telephone Directory
Student Records How do I obtain student records to enroll in another school district? If you completed the last school year at CCSD, your new school may request your records online at Student Record Services 702-799-2487
Student Schedules When can I get my student's schedule? Can I request changes? Student schedules are not finalized until after the first week of school based on enrollment numbers and class availability. Contact your school’s counselor or assistant principal over curriculum; changes are at the school’s discretion based on class availability. School Counselor or Assistant Principal for Curriculum School Telephone Directory
Summer School How do I get information about summer school? Please talk with your school’s counselor to learn about secondary summer school opportunities. Information is available in April each year at Guidance and Counseling Services 702-799-8441
Supplies What supplies should I send with my child for the coming school year? Although basic supplies are provided by CCSD, items are always welcome. See a list of potential supplies here.

Your child’s teacher may have project-specific wish list, so please contact your child’s school to find out about those items.

In addition, some schools provide a “wish list” of items that would be beneficial at CCSD's Support-a-School.



School-Community Partnership Program

Schools General Information



Track Assignment How do I get a copy of my child’s track schedule? Pick up a copy at your school or view the Year-Round Track Calendar. Contact your school to find out about the procedure for assigning tracks or to discuss your student’s track assignment. Schools School Telephone Directory
Transcript Where do I get a copy of my transcript? Please contact Student Record Services or visit Student Record Services 702-799-2487
Truancy When is a student considered truant? Truancy is an unexcused absence. Schools usually notify parents or guardians when a student has three, seven and 10 truancies. Students receive denial of credit, a failing grade, in any class with more than 10 absences. Attendance Enforcement

Dean at the School


Schools General Information

Unaccompanied Youth and Foster Children What is an unaccompanied youth? An unaccompanied youth is defined as a child who is not in the physical custody of their parent.  Contact the Title I HOPE office for guidance regarding enrollment. Title I HOPE 702-855-6682
Uniforms Why does our school have uniforms? All schools have dress codes, but not all schools have Standard Student Attire, which is adopted through a formal process with the school community. For information about Standard Student Attire, contact your school or visit the website. Talk to the school’s counselor if you have concerns about the cost. CCSD Regulation 5131 and Policy 5131 establish the guidelines for proper dress, as well as for Standard Student Attire. Schools Schools General Information

Student Attire

Year-Round Schools How do I find out if my school is year- round? Call the school or check the Back to School Reporter sent to families and posted online.

The “Year Round School Student Attendance Calendar,” or the track schedules for year-round schools, may be accessed online at Calendars.

Schools Schools General Information


Zone Variances Am I required to send my child to the zoned school? Students must attend their assigned schools unless, under special circumstances, a zone variance is obtained. District Regulation 5112 outlines the zone variance process. Requests for zone variances for the following school year should be submitted between March 1 and May 1. Consideration for a variance is usually based on whether or not a school has space available and on the requesting student’s grades, attendance and behavior. Parents of students granted zone variances are responsible for student transportation to and from school. Questions may be referred to school office staff. Variance request forms are available at schools and should be completed and returned to the requested school. To appeal a zone variance decision, call the School Associate Superintendent for your performance zone. Schools School Telephone Directory

Schools General Information
Zoning How are school attendance boundaries (zoning) determined? For questions regarding how school boundaries are determined, the CCSD Board of Trustees has formed the Attendance and Zoning Advisory Committee (AZAC).  This 15-member commission is made up of non-paid individuals who are appointed by individual trustees and the superintendent. Attendance zone boundaries for all schools in Clark County are reviewed annually. This process begins in September and ends in late March. All AZAC meetings are open to the public and operate under the open meeting laws for Nevada. More information is available at the AZAC website. See Assigned School above to determine a student’s assigned school. Demographics, Zoning and GIS Department 702-799-6430
Zoom Schools What are Zoom Schools? Zoom Schools are designated schools with a significant ELL population, which have been underperforming on the current state assessment. Zoom elementary schools have a focused curriculum on language and literacy with built-in Zoom reading centers. The reading centers offer staff development for teachers, intensive reading and language instruction for students, and outreach programs for parents and the community. Zoom elementary schools have an early intervention program with preschool offered within the attendance zone as well as class-size reduction in kindergarten. Zoom secondary schools offer academics focused on increasing language acquisition, educational progress, and cross-cultural experiences. They also provide summer academy curriculum with concentrations in CTE, STEM, and credit retrieval. Zoom Schools offer students the opportunity to master the English language across all content areas. CCSD has 38 Zoom schools which began as a pilot program in the 2013-2014 school year and has expanded to include 31 elementary schools, 6 middle schools, and 1 high school. See English Language Learner Division 702-799-2137