Office for Homeschooling
Matthew Henne, Coordinator
A student may be excused from compulsory attendance at a public school when written evidence is provided to the school district that a student will receive equivalent instruction. Upon receipt of such document, CCSD provides a home school exemption letter to the student's parent(s).
|Map To Office||Parent Guide||Parent Guide (Spanish)|
2701 East St. Louis Ave. Door E
Las Vegas, NV 89104
702-799-8630 EXT 5359
Please note that Educational Services is a go-between for the paper work for Homeschooling with the State of Nevada Department of Education.
Nevada Homeschool Law NRS 392.070
As of July 1st, 2007 the laws for Homeschooling have changed. Please refer to the State Department and new forms below. Note: Everyone must file a new application after July 1st, 2007. Your application will only have to be filed once and will be good for 15 years.
Nevada Homeschool Rules for Accepting Secondary Cirriculum
- NAC 389.680 Credits for Correspondence Courses
- Approved Accredited Associations Websites
- A List of Several Accredited Programs
- CCSD Curriculum Overview for Each Grade & Subject
- CCSD Proficiency Testing Information
- CCSD Proficiency Testing Information for Homeschooled Students