Minimum Age and Entrance Requirements
Kindergarten students must have attained the age of 5 years old by September 30.
First Grade Enrollment
First-grade students must have attained the age of 6 years old and demonstrate proof of completing kindergarten at a public, state-licensed private, state-exempt private or approved home school program.
Demonstrate proof of completing kindergarten and promotion to first grade while being a resident of another state in compliance with the age and entrance requirements of that state. Proof must be verified through a report card issues by the out-of-state public or private school.
Second GradeSecond-grade students must have attained the age of 7 years old and demonstrate proof of completing kindergarten and first grade at a public, state licensed private, state exempt private or approved home school program.
The following information will help you prepare to enroll your child in the Clark County School District.
1) School Search
2) Online Registration
The CCSD Online Registration System is available in English & Spanish.
Parents can complete registration at home or contact their child's zoned school for registration dates and hours.
Families of Currently Enrolled Students
Parents who have children currently enrolled in a CCSD school use their Campus Portal account to re-register their children or add a new student.
Parent manual for returning students
Manual para los estudiantes que regresan
Families New to the Clark County School District
Parents of children new to CCSD can use the link below to register. After completing the online registration application, bring all required documents to your child's zoned school.
New Families to District Registration
Parent Manual for New Students
Manual para los estudiantes nuevos
3) Documents Required For Registration
Personal identification of parent/guardian (driver's license, picture identification, etc.) bearing your name.
Please bring ONE of the following (photocopies will not be accepted):
- Original birth certificate
- Certified birth card issued by the Clark County Health District or another health district.
Up-to-date medical records indicating that your child has had, or at least started, the following series of immunizations:
- Minimum of 4 DTap/DTP doses: Final dose must be on or after the 4th birthday.
- Minimum of 3 Polio doses: Final dose must be on or after the 4th birthday.
- Two MMR doses: 1st dose must be on or after the 1st birthday. 1st and 2nd dose must be separated by at least 28 days.
- One Tdap dose: A child enrolling in 7th grade is required to have 1 Tdap (Bordetella Pertussis) regardless of when the last Tetanus (Td) was given. The < 5 year rule since the last Tetanus no longer applies.
- Two Hepatitis A doses: 2nd dose must be given at least 6 months after the 1st dose. (Required for students new to Nevada or District after July 1, 2002.)
- Three Hepatitis B doses: Must have a minimum of 4 months between 1st and 3rd dose and > 6 months old when 3rd dose was given. (Required for students new to Nevada or District after July 1, 2002.)
- Two Chicken Pox (Varicella) doses: 1st dose on or after 1st birthday. 1st and 2nd dose must be separated by at least 28 days if age 13 years of age or older. Minimum interval of 3 months between doses 1 and 2 if age is less than 13 years. (Required for students new to Nevada or District after July 2, 2011). Physician verification of past disease required for Varicella vaccine exemption.
Proof of address
You must bring one of the following:
- Recent utility bill
- Rent receipt
- Residence Lease or Sales Contract
Note: If you only have a sales contract for the purchase of a new home as proof of address, the school will enroll your child on the condition that one additional proof of address from the above list is submitted within 30 days. Driver's license, telephone bill or cable bill are NOT acceptable.
If you are living with a friend or relative because of economic hardship you will need to bring to the school site, a notarized letter signed by the owner/renter stating that their address is your place of residence.
If you do not have documentation because you are living in a temporary or homeless situation, call Title I Homeless Outreach Program for Education at 702-855-6682.