The Clark County School District is working with employees, families, students and our community to determine:
- Should CCSD develop a standalone policy specific to providing a safe and supportive learning environment for gender diverse students?
- If not, should CCSD develop language for the administrators' handbook on how to provide a safe and supportive learning environment for gender diverse students?
We have created a Gender Diverse Working Group that includes representatives of families, community members, and CCSD staff and students, to examine existing policies and guidelines in other districts and draft guidelines from the Nevada Department of Education. The working group will examine:
- Washoe Administators Guide Language
- CCSD Policy 5137 - Safe and Respectful Learning Environment: Bullying and Cyberbullying.
- Minnesota Guidelines
- Ed. Article: Goodwill Not Enough
- NYC Department of Education Guidelines - Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Student Guidelines
- LAUSD Policy Bulletin - Transgender Students - Ensuring Equity and Nondiscrimination
|School||Date of meeting||Time of meeting|
|Durango HS||12/01/17||9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m|
|12/02/17||11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.|
|12/05/17||5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Silverado HS||12/06/17||6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
|12/07/17||6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.|
The Gender Diverse Working Group will consider those suggestions and present a draft recommendation to the Board of Trustees for possible action in November or December.