School-Community Partnership Program
Mission: To enrich student experiences by connecting business and community with school resources to promote academic achievement and foster success.
How We Support Our Schools
We work with the community to provide:
- Partnership programs, resources, and field trip opportunities across all curriculum content areas that are aligned to Nevada Content Standards and vetted using CCSD policies and procedures as guidelines. Many programs come with student and teacher cash prizes.
- Funding for bus transportation for field trips.
- Training and programs for students, teachers, and parents on Safe Routes To Schools, including free bikes and helmets at bike rodeos.
- Free student and staff incentives to recognize them for accomplishments and academic achievements, and improve morale.
- Scholarships and college readiness opportunities for students.
- Eyeglasses, shoes, clothing, hygiene food and other wrap-around services for students.
- Volunteers from the community to act as mentors and tutors for students in the schools. All volunteers are background checked, fingerprinted and trained to work in the schools.
- Free school supplies, classroom materials and equipment, grant opportunities and other funding sources to support school projects.
Every school has a designated Partnership Ambassador that is assigned to receive all partnership opportunities and send them to the appropriate person at the school site.