4. How to Fill-Out the Inventory Forms
There are three different forms – one form for school inventories including custodial supplies, a second form for school graphic arts areas, darkrooms, and photography classes, and a third form for maintenance facilities (maintenance vehicles ARE NOT to be inventoried).
On the inventory form for each school/facility area, type or clearly print in ink, the facility name, location, room number, inventory date, product name (including the catalogue numbers for darkroom items), the manufacturer’s address and phone number (if present on the container), the physical state of the item (<S>olid, <L>iquid, <G>as, <A>ersol), maximum amount on-hand, container type and size, and storage location for every hazardous material and chemical on site.
- DO NOT print in pencil.
- DO NOT put more than one room/area per inventory form.
- DO NOT put case lots as quantities.
See below for specific instructions on how to fill out each column on the form;
- FACILITY NAME, LOCATION CODE, and ROOM NUMBER: Enter the school/facility name, the school/facility location code, and the room number for the chemicals/hazardous materials on the inventory form. Only use one inventory form per room/area. DO NOT interchange the facility location code and room number. They are not the same entries.
- PRODUCT OR CHEMICAL NAME: Enter the product or chemical name exactly as printed on the label. Graphic Arts and darkroom inventories MUST INCLUDE PRODUCT NUMBERS.
- MANUFACTURER: Enter manufacturer’s name and address. A phone number will be accepted in place of an address. You may use more than one line to enter the name and address per product or chemical, if necessary.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Indicate the physical state - (S)olid, (L)iquid, (G)as, or (A)erosol.
- MAXIMUM AMOUNT (Quantity) ON HAND: Enter the maximum amount (quantity) you might have on site at any time during the year. Case lots ARE NOT acceptable.
- CONTAINER: Enter the container type (glass, can, plastic, etc.) and size (gallon, quart, oz, etc).
- STORAGE LOCATION: Indicate where the product is stored; ie: acid cabinet, flammable cabinet, etc. (if applicable).
- SAFETY DATA SHEET (SDS): If you have a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for the chemical, put a Y (for Yes) in the “SDS Onsite?” column.
- DO NOT WRITE ANYTHING IN THE COLUMN MARKED “HAZMAT OFFICE ONLY”.